The birthday must be celebrated with celebration, that is why, on May 31, we invite you to participate in the INDU-ball, which is an energetic introduction to the 10th edition of the well-known festival of the Industrial Monuments Route. The finale of the event will be the screening of the movie “Today’s Times” with live music. Come to the Square in front of Galeria Katowicka in the chair. 15:00 – 19:00 and have fun with us!
Every year the festival of the Industrial Monuments Route, known as INDUSTRIADA, enjoys unchanging popularity in the region. For a few days we get to know the heritage of our province by visiting factories, mines and listening to the history of industrialists. This year, on the Square in front of Galeria Katowicka, you will be able to take part in the free attractions promising INDUSTRIADA. See what we have prepared for you on May 31:
On the Square in front of the Gallery:
- The march of the mining orchestra through the streets of Stawowa, 3 Maja and Młyńska, which will reach the Galeria Katowicka;
- A common industrial polonaise led by industrialists, Georg Giesche, Guido Henckel von Donnersmarck, Daisy von Pless and Joanna Gryzik von Schomberg-Godula, finished with a toast erected with orange soda from a saturator – the kind that was once placed in front of the factories;
- Robotic dance workshops with professional instructors;
- Avenue of Monuments of Technology;
- Games, games and competitions for adults and children, workshops for creating cotillions and orange boas, painting faces with “coal” and “grease”;
- Walls for commemorative photographs – see yourself in the dress of great Silesian manufacturers;
- Orange fans – perfect for visiting the festival’s facilities;
- INDU Info Point, in which I am familiar with the INDUSTRIADY program and receive free tickets from the Silesian Railway for travel on June 8;
- Screening of Charlie Chaplin’s silent movie “Today’s Times” that will take you to the bittersweet reality of industrial workers. The jazz trio will take care of live music.
In the Galeria Katowicka area:
Also inside our facility you will be able to feel the industrial spirit, and this is due to the objects of the Industrial Monuments Route, which will show you a substitute of your attractions. At level 0 of our Gallery, all visitors will find:
- Information stands of the Park of Tradition from Siemianowice Śląskie, Szybu Maciej and Kopalnia Guido from Zabrze and the Museum of Energy from Łaziska Górne.
Wiwat fabricators, long live INDU-bal!