To celebrate the premiere of “How to Train Your Dragon 2,” Galeria Katowicka will turn into a Viking School this Saturday (June 28).
Numerous events will be held starting from noon – sword fights, pottery workshops, writing art lessons and many others. Guests will get a chance to taste old-style dishes that used to be popular among Vikings.
The Viking School also offers a lot of physical activities with elements of rivalry, incl. humming tops, tug-of-war and cabbage sword-cutting. Winners will get awards related to the movie.
Participation is free of charge.
Join and enjoy!
Viking fight show:
– battles of infantry troopers using cold weapon, e.g. spears, swords, axes and alpenstocks;
– historical outline;
– army drills and battle lines;
– battles between feuding clans/families.
Music background will be provided by Percival.
Competition and fun:
– humming tops;
– cabbage sword-cutting;
– arranging help for an attacked castletown;
– carrying onions on swords;
– and many more.
A king-s throne – sit down, put on a helmet, take an axe into your palm and feel like a Viking!
– stained-glass production;
– writing art.;
– cooking (Viking dishes);
A tent in which guests can watch the film’s first part
Obstacle course – not only for kids
Turning children into dragons
Drawing characters from the movie